From Friday to Sunday (24-26 February) Gurnell Leisure Centre will be holding free fitness class tasters in promotion of Healthy Heart month.
Coronary heart disease is the UK’s biggest killer, causing around 82,000 deaths each year.
Being active helps lower your risk of coronary heart disease because it:
- Exercises your heart, helping to keep it strong
- Helps lower your cholesterol – a fatty substance in your blood which can cause your arteries to clog up
- Helps lower your blood pressure, which means your arteries are less likely to clog up.
It can also help you feel more relaxed, have more energy and give you a sense of achievement.
To take part in some heart strengthening activities, drop in to the following free fitness classes at Gurnell Leisure Centre:
- Friday, 24 February, 6.30-7pm, Interval Training (Circuits)
- Friday, 24 February, 7.10-7.30pm, Functional Training
- Saturday. 25 February, 3-3.30, Extreme Interval Training (Circuits)
- Sunday, 26 February, 11.30am-12noon, Strength and Conditioning Training (Ab Blast)
- Sunday, 26 February, 12.15-1.15pm, Core Stability (Legs, Bums, and Tums)
- Sunday, 26 February, 1.30-2pm, Cardio Training.
Carly Oatway, community health and fitness service manager at Gurnell Leisure Centre, said: “We want to offer the chance for the community to kick-start their every day lives into a more active and healthier lifestyle. We hope to see you down there.”
- Visit Gurnell Leisure Centre, Ruislip Road East, London W13 0AL
- Call 020 89983241
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log on to www.better.org.uk