The website at aroundealing.com is operated by Ealing Council, which is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and its registration number is Z5696801.
Cookies and information collected to improve our website
Cookies enhance your experience using our website and help to personalise the service you receive. They are simple text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by aroundealing.com (or any other website) you can do this through your browser settings. The help function within your browser will provide further information.
There are a number of different browsers and different versions of each browser which all act in different ways. You can visit www.aboutcookies.org which gives information on how to delete and control cookies across a wide variety of browsers, including stopping cookies being stored, enabling session cookies and deleting cookies if they have already been stored. You will also find information for managing cookies stored on your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to manage cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you will find further information in your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the aroundealing.com website.
Information collected automatically to improve our website
We use Google Analytics, a third-party audience data collection service, for the following information that is automatically recognised. The:
- Date and time
- Originating IP
- Type of browser
- Operating system used
- URL of the referring page.
Visitors to our website remain anonymous because the council does not seek to link any of the data collected to individuals. The information only allows the council to assess the popularity of the pages on the website, so that continual improvements can be made to the site.
Definition of terms:
- Browser: Short for web browser, a software application used to locate and display web pages. The two most popular browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Cookie: Cookies are text of information that are stored on your computer by the websites you visited. Cookie information contains an ID tag that will be used to recognise you when you return to the page and personalise your visit. Information supplied by cookies can help analyse the profile of our visitors and help to provide you with a better user experience.
- IP (Internet Protocol): The technical standard by which data is transferred between two devices. All networks connected to the internet speak IP
- IP address: An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer)
- URL: Websites are found by their addresses. Each website has a URL, or Uniform Resource Locator, assigned to it
- Web server: Makes it possible to be able to access content like web pages, or other data from anywhere as long as it is connected to the internet.
Council Advertising Network
If you have any concerns, you can contact the council’s data protection officer at email@example.com or by writing to:
Data protection officer
14-16 Uxbridge Road
3rd Floor NE
Ealing W5 2HL
If you are not satisfied with our subsequent response, or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.