This weekend (27-28 November) is a big one in the fight against COVID-19, with additional capacity being made locally so that you can get your first, second, or booster jabs.
The best way of staying safe against COVID-19 is to get vaccinated. Local 12-15 year-olds recently started getting their first jabs at school and over-40s can now book their boosters.
As winter approaches and busy social events are on the horizon, Ealing Council is working with the NHS to encourage people who have not had their vaccine to get theirs this weekend.
The majority of people in the borough have had their vaccine, but there are still a number of residents who have yet to receive their jabs.
Councillor Josh Blacker, the council’s cabinet member for healthy lives, said: “Getting vaccinated not only protects those around you, but local data also reveals that the majority of people currently in hospital have not been vaccinated. So you are less likely to go to hospital if you have had your vaccine.”
“No ID? No NHS number? No Problem. Walk up and get your jab and encourage others to do the same.”
Walk-up and get your jab
Anyone can walk-up and get their jab if they are over the age of 16 and have not had their vaccine yet.
You can get your second vaccine without the need to book if it has been eight weeks since your first jab.
If you are waiting for your booster jab and it has been six months and you are over the age of 40, you are also eligible.
And further good news is that there is additional capacity at the following centres this weekend for you to get any of the jabs you need:
- CP House, 97-107 Uxbridge Rd, London W5 5TL
- Daily, 9am – 6pm
- Touchwood Pharmacy, 493 Yeading Lane, Northolt UB5 6LN
- Every Saturday, 8.30am-1pm and 2-8pm
- Puri Pharmacy, 39 Western Road, Southall UB2 5HE
- Wednesday to Saturday, 9.30-11am
- Temple Pharmacy, 110 Pitshanger Lane, London W5 1QP
- Wednesday to Friday, 9.30am-4pm. Only for anyone 40+ for their first dose or anyone 8 weeks since their second dose
- South Ealing Pharmacy 186 South Ealing Road, London W5 4RJ
- Daily walk-ins 9am-2pm
- Mattock Lane Pharmacy, St Johns Parade, 8 Mattock Lane, London W13 9LL
- Walk in clinics 9am-4pm except on Wednesday and Sunday.
There is a full list of vaccine centres and pharmacies in the local area and neighbouring boroughs on the North West London CCG website.
More information on your vaccines can be found on the NHS website.