Do you have a coming interview but are worried about not having appropriate clothes for it? Fear not – we have several suggestions of how you can get high quality clothes for free and get interview ready.
Confidence and self-esteem are important at job interviews, so you have the best chance to succeed. First impressions are also important and that includes the clothes you are wearing at the interview, even if it’s over a video call.
Interview clothes free of charge
- Smart Works is a charity offering free outfits for unemployed women. They have two offices in London, one of which in West London. To use their services, you need to be referred by an agency, such as Jobcentre Plus or the council. Please see below more information on how we can refer you.
- Suited & Booted is another charity offering clothes for unemployed men and women with a confirmed interview. They also work on a referral basis, which means that you need to be referred by an agency, such as Jobcentre Plus or the council. You can find more information on how we can refer you below.
- H&M is offering a free 24-hour suit hire for men. The suit will be delivered to your door so you can use it at your interview before you return it – you can book the suit yourself.
Get ready for your interview
Ealing Work West, part of Ealing Council, can help you with your interview preparation. For more information, please visit our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 8825 8486. Our phone line is open Monday to Friday between 10am and 3pm. Please note that we may be busy but if you leave us a message with your contact details and phone number, we will return your call.
Interview preparation workshops
Ealing adult learning can also help you feel confident at your interview. Choose from any of the below workshops, delivered online and free of charge:
- Interview practice – Wednesday, 28 April from 10.30am to 12pm
- Mindfulness for job interviews – Friday, 7 May 11am-12.30
- Interview practice – Wednesday, 30 June 10.30am- 12pm
- Interview practice – Wednesday, 25 August from 10.30am to 12pm.