Change your perception about maths and let us show you it can be fun!
Join us on Thursday, 6 October 2022 for maths fun fair at Northolt Library between 10am and 2pm.
Organised by Learn Ealing, the council’s adult learning team, both adults and children* can join us for different games and activities, such as:
- Maths bingo
- Time lapse – gain or improve your knowledge of telling the time and reading 24-hour clock
- Verbal reasoning: time – help the imaginary friends Matt, Helen, Tom and Asha to cross a bridge
- Dicey operations – addition of number of up to 1000
- Guess what? Estimate the height and weights of objects to improve your reasoning and addition skills
- Fractions with pizza slices
- Prepare for a party with four operations
- SNAP game to teach fractions, decimals and percentages.
*Children are welcome when accompanied by a parent or carer at all times.
Explore our courses
Learn Ealing delivers a wide range of workshops and courses. The maths fun fair is an excellent opportunity for you to find out more about what’s available to you and how we can help you with your learning.
What’s more, you will be given a tour of the library’s brand-new hybrid room where you can attend future workshops and courses face-to-face or online. It includes a state-of-the-art equipment, including a camera that follows the tutor, so when you join an online class you will feel like you are in the same room. Learn Ealing can also help you with:
- Improving your skills and preparing you for employment through training workshops and courses
- Support with updating your CV and cover letter
- Help with preparing for an interview.
Better numeracy skills for adults
This event is brought to you as a result of Learn Ealing receiving funding to deliver the Multiply project– a new government-funded programme to help adults improve their numeracy skills.
If you’re aged 19 and over and don’t have maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent), you can access free numeracy courses to:
- Build your confidence with numbers
- Gain a qualification
- Unlock new or better work opportunities
- Help in everyday life, such as helping children with homework and budgeting money.
We are currently preparing exciting free maths courses for you. You will find them on Learn Ealing website.
Get employment help
You can also meet employment advisors to help you get back into employment through:
- One-to-one advice and guidance tailored to your individual needs
- Help finding you a job or apprenticeship
- Guiding you through job applications.
Good jobs for Ealing
Councillor Bassam Mahfouz, Ealing Council’s cabinet member for decent living incomes comments: “As outlined in Ealing’s Plan for Good Jobs, we are here to help residents to fulfil their potential, gain knowledge and skills and compete for new or better work. Maths and numbers can feel like a real challenge, but our maths fun fair will help you overcome any fears and see how it can be fun and engaging.
“After supporting over 4,000 residents gain over 10,000 qualifications in recent years, we’re determined to go even further by delivering at least 12,000 new qualifications and training programmes for people looking to upskill. The Multiply programme funding will allow us to offer more free courses to do that.”
See you there
We are looking forward to seeing you at the fair on 6 October for a day filled with fun and new skills. Register for the event advance – it’s free. Northolt Library is on Church Road, Northolt UB5 5AS. Get directions.