The majority of testing sites will close at the end of March.
Legal restrictions for COVID-19 were scrapped earlier this month and the government has announced that PCR testing sites will close.
Testing if you have symptoms
The last day that you can get tested is at Gurnell Leisure Centre and Featherstone Terrace Car Park is Wednesday, 30 March. The last day of testing is Tuesday, 29 March. All three sites offer PCR tests, these are the testing kits you should take if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms:
- Michael Flanders (W3 8PP). Last day of testing is Tuesday, 29 March.
- Gurnell Leisure Centre (W13 0AZ). Last day of testing is Wednesday, 30 March.
- Featherstone Terrace (UB2 5AB). Last day of testing is Wednesday, 30 March.
Up until Wednesday, March 30, these sites will continue to be open as usual, from 8am to 6pm. Residents can walk-up and get a test if they are displaying symptoms, or book an appointment online.
Councillor Josh Blacker said: “We are moving in to the next stage of the pandemic. I would encourage residents to continue to get tested if they are displaying symptoms and make the most of the free rapid testing kits.”
“I have been amazed by the community spirit the last few years, but want to reiterate that the pandemic is not over. If you can continue to follow public health guidance, it is the best way of keeping those around you safe.”
Public health guidance
- Hands – wash your hands regularly
- Face – wear a face covering
- Space – keep a distance between yourself and othes
- Fresh air – ensure good ventilation when indoors with other people
Keep up to date on the latest data on COVID-19 in Ealing.
Keep up to date with national guidance by reading the Government’s most up to date COVID-19 advice.