Community groups providing vital support to local residents and communities have been awarded funds from the voluntary and community sector (VCS) awards.
The awards are jointly funded by Ealing Council and the NHS North West London Integrated Care Board in Ealing.
Earlier this year, groups supporting local people in areas such as mental health, domestic abuse and for those caring for others, were invited to bid for a share of a £2.4 million annual funding pot to support local services for four years. This has been increased since the 2019-23 programme to help compensate for inflation.
A total of 17 awards were made with 30 organisations receiving funding, with priority given to areas including mental health services, domestic violence support, respite care and building better community connections.
Councillor Polly Knewstub, cabinet member for thriving communities, said: “The voluntary and community sector plays an essential role in supporting residents and creating opportunity across the borough. These groups materially improve and enrich the lives of many in Ealing. We could not be more proud to support and partner with them in the coming years.”
Neha Unadkat, Borough Director, Ealing, NHS North West London, said: “We are delighted that through these essential grants we have continued to secure the partnership of the voluntary and community sector in improving the health and care outcomes for our communities and some of our most vulnerable in society.”
The full list of VSC award recipients:
• Befriend – community activities in Central Ealing
• Ealing & Hounslow CVS – community activities in Action
• Southall Community Alliance – community activities in Southall
• Golden Opportunity Skills & Development – community activities in Greenford, Northolt and Perivale
Information and advice
• Ealing Mencap – specialist, generalist and children’s specific information and advice
Mental health services
• Ealing Abbey Counselling Service – talking treatments for people with common mental health needs
• Community Activities Project Ealing – talking treatments for people with more complex needs who do not need or meet criteria for ‘secondary’ mental health services
• EACH Counselling – community support to stay well for the whole Ealing population.
• Community Activities Project Ealing Community – support for people with serious and long-term mental health needs
• Hillingdon Autism Care & Support – community opportunities for adults with autism
Short breaks/respite care
• Brentford FC in the Community – young carers programme
• Brentford FC in the Community – short breaks for children and young people with disabilities programme
Domestic violence services
• Advance Advocacy and Non-Violence – Generalist advocacy service
• Southall Black Sisters – specialist BME advocacy service
• Lasting Support Services – children and families’ therapeutic support
• Ealing & Hounslow CVS – VCS capacity building, development and representation
• Ealing & Hounslow CVS – support for volunteering and social action
These decisions are subject to compliance with the council’s governance procedures and the outcome of any appeals.