Show off something great in our borough and you could win a prize in our new photo competition – with the winner being selected by the public.
Entries to our first Seasons of Ealing photo competition can be sent in until the end of October.
The idea is for you to enter your favourite snaps of anything of an autumnal flavour in your local park or back garden or even in your street. It could be a landscape, a skyline, wildlife, your family playing in fallen leaves; whatever takes your eye and lifts your spirits. The key is that it has to have been taken in the borough – and, must have been taken by you.
How do I enter?
Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing deadline for entries, which is 11.59pm on 31 October 2017.
For your photo to be considered, you must:
- Put Seasons of Ealing in the subject line of the email
- Include your name, postal address and phone number
- Include a brief description of what the photo is of, when you took it and where you took it
- State that the photo was taken by you, and that you also have permission of any people whose faces appear in the photo to enter the photo into the Seasons of Ealing competition
- Make sure the image is of a high enough resolution to be reproduced online and in print (i.e. poor quality images will not be considered).
What happens then?
After the deadline for entries, a panel will judge the entries and select a shortlist. These shortlisted photos will be showcased on our website EalingNewsExtra.co.uk – and then everyone can get involved because the winner will be selected via a public poll we will run at Facebook.com/EalingLondon
After the poll has closed, the winning photo will be featured in an edition of Around Ealing magazine.
Other things to know
By entering the competition you are agreeing for your photo to be reproduced in Around Ealing magazine, EalingNewsExtra.co.uk website, and the council’s social media channels. No remuneration will be possible but you will be named as the photographer if it is used.
We will not, unfortunately, be able to reply to everyone who has entered the competition.
If any image is found not to have been taken in the borough, or to have broken any of the other conditions outlined above, the photo will be disqualified from the competition.
Will there be more competitions?
Yes, we intend for this to continue and another Seasons of Ealing competition is due to run in winter. Keep an eye on Around Ealing magazine and EalingNewsExtra.co.uk for details nearer the time.