Are you a parent, guardian or carer of a child between the ages of five and 11 years old? If so, did you know your child can now get the coronavirus (COVID-19) jab?
COVID-19 is usually mild in most children, but it can make some children unwell.
The best way of staying safe against COVID-19 is to get your child vaccinated, reducing the risk of COVID-19 infection to your child and those around them. All children aged five to 11 are being offered two doses of the vaccine: One dose gives good protection against your child getting seriously ill, but having two doses gives them stronger and longer-lasting protection against future COVID-19 variants.
Throughout July, there are dedicated pop-up vaccination clinics across the borough or you can make a booking on the NHS website.
Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to give consent. Family members who need a first, second or third jab can get vaccinated at the same time.
Upcoming pop-up vaccination centres
Beaconsfield Primary School, Beaconsfield Road, Southall, UB1 1DR:
- Monday 4 July, 3.30 to 7pm
- Tuesday 5 July, 3.30 to 7pm
- Monday 11 July, 3.30 to 7pm
- Tuesday 12 July, 3.30 to 7pm.
Northolt High School, 11 Newbury Way, Northolt UB5 4HP:
- Wednesday 6 July, 4 to 7pm
- Wednesday 13 July, 4 to 7pm.
St Mary’s Church, Acton, W3 9NW:
- Thursday 7 July, 3 to 7pm
- Saturday 9 July, 10am to 6pm
- Sunday 10 July, 10am to 6pm
- Thursday 14 July, 3 to 7pm
- Saturday 16 July, 10am to 6pm
- Sunday 17 July, 10am to 6pm.
For further information on the COVID-19 vaccine for children, visit the NHS website.
If you are aged 12 or over
Anyone aged 12 or over can get a jab at CP House in Ealing or selected local pharmacies without an appointment. You will need to check opening times with individual pharmacies because they may vary.
CP House can be found at 97-107 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, W5 5TL. It is open daily, 8am to 8pm
- Touchwood Pharmacy, 493 Yeading Lane, Northolt UB5 6LN
- Temple Pharmacy, 110 Pitshanger Lane, London W5 1QP
- South Ealing Pharmacy 186 South Ealing Road, London W5 4RJ
- Medic Plus Clinic (Operated by the team from Mattock Lane Pharmacy / St Johns Church), 5 Castle Hill Parade, The Avenue, (near West Ealing Station/opp Drayton Court Hotel) ,West Ealing W13 8JP
- Remedy Pharmacy Central Ealing South Central Ealing 83 Greenford Ave, Hanwell, W7 1LJ
- Boots Pharmacy Greenford Westway Retail Park, 1000 Greenford Rd, Greenford UB6 0UW
- Roxanne’s pharmacy Greenwell Greenford Methodist Church, Ruislip Road, UB6 9QN
- Puri Chemist Southall 39 Western Road, Southall, London, UB2 5HE
- Northolt Pharmacy Northolt Grand Union Village Health Centre, Taywood Road, Northolt, Middlesex, UB5 6WL.
To find out information on the vaccine in your language, visit the council’s website.