The integrated youth and Connexions team is offering free employment help, advice and guidance for young people in Ealing aged from 13 to 19 and up to 25 for those with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
About Refocus Week
Refocus Week is taking place over four days – Friday, 13 August; Monday, 16 August; Tuesday, 17 August and Wednesday, 18 August 2021. The event is aimed at supporting young people aged 16 to 18 to have a smooth transition into their next step of education, employment or training, following summer exams.
During Refocus Week, you can get help with:
- Career planning
- Further and higher education options
- Alternatives to higher education
- Completing CVs and job application forms
- Accessing training and job opportunities, including traineeships and apprenticeships
- Interview preparation.
Employability help for young people
You can choose from any of the following free one-hour employment workshops, taking place on Microsoft Teams on 18 August 2021:
- CV and interview preparation – 10am – 11am
- Find out more about apprenticeships – 1pm – 2pm
- Job search and using LinkedIn – 2pm – 3pm
- Employment and training opportunities at High Speed Rail (HS2) – 4pm – 5pm – delivered by our partners at HS2.
At the end of each online workshop, there will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions you might have.
Sign up for the employability workshops
To register for any of the free employability workshops, please fill in a quick online form or call 020 8825 8573 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm).
Get employment help
During Refocus Week, from 13 to 18 August 2021, you can also email the team or call the dedicated adviceline on 0208 825 8573, between 9am to 4pm for information, advice and guidance on careers, options, colleges, schools, training providers, apprenticeships and enrolment information. We are looking forward to helping you.