Fancy a helping hand to recycle Christmas trees after the festive season draws to a close? Look no further.
You can get the new year off to a green start by getting rid of your Christmas tree in a quick, easy and environmentally friendly way by leaving it out as part of your kerbside rubbish and recycling collections, or by dropping it off at a local park or reuse and recycle centre.
From Wednesday 3 January to Friday 2 February, you can leave your tree on the front edge of your property, to have it taken away for recycling.
Most roads will be doing collections of trees on the same day as your rubbish collection (black bin) each alternate week.
However, there are also a number of roads that will have trees collected on the same day as their revised recycling collection (blue bin) instead. Check the list of roads on the council’s recycling web pages to make sure.
Tree trunks must not exceed 20cm in diameter or be more than 6 feet tall (taller trees can be cut in 2) and you need to make sure all decorations are removed. The service is in place for real trees only, not synthetic ones.
Alternatively, you can also take Christmas trees to the listed council parks and open spaces until 2 February, or to Greenford reuse and recycling centre.
Reuse and recycling centre
- Greenford Reuse and recycling centre, Greenford Road, UB6 9AP.
Please be aware that you need to pre-book an appointment online via the council’s website before attending Greenford Reuse and recycling centre.
Parks and open spaces
- Acton Park
- Berkeley Fields (Berkeley Avenue)
- Churchfields Park Hanwell
- Cleveland Park
- Ealing Central Sports Ground (Horsenden Lane South)
- Ealing Common (Junction of Grange Road and The Common)
- Elthorne Park (Boston Road)
- Islip Manor Park (Eastcote Lane)
- North Acton Playing Fields
- Perivale Park (Cowgate Road)
- Pitshanger Park
- Ravenor Park (Oldfield Lane South and Ruislip Road)
- Rectory Park (Parkfield Drive)
- Southall Park (Green Drive)
- Southfields Recreation Ground (Southfield Road)
- Spikes Bridge Park (West Avenue)
- Springfield Gardens (Rosemont Road)
- Walpole Park (Lammas Park Gardens)
Leave trees in the designated areas only and make sure they do not block access, pathways or the public highway.