Ealing Council is again giving residents a helping hand to recycle their Christmas tree now the festive season has drawn to a close.
You can get the new year off to a green start by getting rid of your Christmas tree in a quick, easy and environmentally friendly way by leaving it out as part of your kerbside rubbish and recycling collections, or by dropping it off at a local park or reuse and recycle centre.
Until 29 January 2022, you can leave your tree on the front edge of your property, to have it taken away for recycling. Trees will be collected on the same day as your refuse collection (black bin) each alternate week.
Tree trunks must not exceed 20cm in diameter or be more than six feet tall (taller trees can be cut in two) and please ensure all decorations are removed. The service is in place for real trees only, not synthetic ones.
Alternatively, you can also take your Christmas tree to the listed council parks and open spaces until 29 January 2022, or to one of the below reuse and recycling centres.
You can leave your tree at the following locations…
Reuse and recycling centre
- Greenford Reuse and recycling centre, Greenford Road, UB6 9AP
Please be aware that you need to pre-book an appointment online via the council’s website before attending Greenford Reuse and recycling centre. COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing apply at all times.
- Acton Park
- Berkeley Fields (Berkeley Avenue)
- Churchfields Park Hanwell
- Cleveland Park
- Ealing Central Sports Ground (Horsenden Lane South)
- Ealing Common (Junction of Grange Road and The Common)
- Elthorne Park (Boston Road)
- Islip Manor Park (Eastcote Lane)
- North Acton Playing Fields
- Perivale Park (Cowgate Road)
- Pitshanger Park
- Ravenor Park (Oldfield Lane South and Ruislip Road)
- Rectory Park (Parkfield Drive)
- Southall Park (Green Drive)
- Southfields Recreation Ground (Southfield Road)
- Spikes Bridge Park (West Avenue)
- Springfield Gardens (Rosemont Road)
- Walpole Park (Lammas Park Gardens)
People must leave trees in the designated areas only and ensure they do not block access, pathways or the public highway.
Residents advised that their recycling and rubbish collection days will change over the Christmas period. Please check the revised schedule to ensure that you leave your bins out on the correct days.